Cybex 360A Arc Trainer
The 360A Arc Trainer represents a rare foray into the home market for Cybex, a company known for its high quality commercial fitness equipment. This home fitness machine has been criticized for its bulk and for being a noticeable step down from the light commercial and commercial options – yet it’s been praised as “Product of the Year” and is endorsed by The Biggest Loser, a TV show dedicated to weight loss. By recruiting different muscle groups with its unique arc motion, the 360A reportedly burns more calories than do typical ellipticals. Expect a great workout, but don’t expect the workouts associated with the Arc Trainer 425 or 750.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Features of the Cybex 360A Arc Trainer
- Low impact exercise –Arc Trainers put even less stress on the knees than typical ellipticals do. The result is highly efficient calorie burning with minimal joint stress.
- Durable equipment – The 360A weighs 255 pounds. Machine parts are guaranteed for three years.
- Long stride – The long 24” strides on Arc Trainers let exercisers use a healthy range of motion. The stride shortens as the 11-position incline is adjusted.
- Incline – Eleven incline settings let the Arc Trainer support different types of movement, from long glides to short steps.
- Upper body exercise – This machine provides a full-body workout. However, it supports a different motion than do regular elliptical machines. People using the Cybex Arc Trainers move the right arm and right leg at the same time, for example, instead of alternating.
- Excellent labor warranty – Cybex Arc Trainers sold for home use include 10-year warranties on the frames and 3 years on other parts. During the first year of ownership, any maintenance labor costs are covered.
Overall Rating for the Cybex 360A Arc Trainer
Arc Trainers differ from traditional elliptical machines by having users move the same-side arm and leg upward simultaneously. This might not feel as natural as walking or swimming, but it still provides a great low-impact cardiovascular workout. Users are pleased with the 360A’s resistance levels and smooth feel. However, some advise upgrading to the light commercial 425.
For a more traditional upper-end elliptical with great features, see the Smooth Agile DMT X2.