Hoggan Health Industries was established in 1961. The company serves individuals as well as medical centers, universities, and other commercial customers in need of fitness equipment and diagnostic medical tools. Hoggan’s elliptical cross trainers stand out for their high weight capacity, exceptionally smooth ergonomics, and reversible motion. They only have average warranties, but they’re durable enough to bring many years of trouble-free use.
Elliptical Hits: Great Features of Hoggan Elliptical Trainers
- Full body exercise – Hoggan elliptical machines are cross trainers. The arm bars can be kept stationary or moved as part of a total body workout. Additionally, the machine can be used in forward or reverse motion to train different muscle groups.
- Low step-on height – Pedals on these ellipticals are placed low to the ground. This may be especially important to frail users or those with weak knees.
- Quiet operation – Unlike cheap ellipticals, Hoggan Health’s commercial-grade ellipticals are well-sealed for stability and squeak-free operation.
- No power cords or batteries – These “green” machines are entirely person-powered and won’t run up electricity bills.
- High capacity – Hoggans can support up to 500 pounds each.
Elliptical Misses: Where Hoggan Falls Short
Hoggan’s Sprint cross trainers have only “Low”
and “High” markings to indicate resistance. They also lack preset workout programming, so users are limited to relatively simple goal-setting.
Overall Rating for Hoggan Health Elliptical Trainers
Hoggan elliptical trainers are especially useful in rehabilitative settings. They have high weight capacities and support very low-impact exercise regimes. They can also be expected to endure even with daily use.
In traditional commercial gyms or home settings, these models might disappoint trainees because of the lack of preset programs and extra features. Other commercial ellipticals, such as those by Landice, have comparable prices but include iPod ports, inclines, and other special features.
For other cross trainers designed especially with physical rehabilitation in mind, check out the Quantum brand.