Endurance E7 & E7HRC Elliptical Trainers
The Body Solid E7 and E7HRC are nearly identical elliptical trainers, with the difference being heart rate control programming on the E7HRC. Both machines are made of high-quality welded steel and provide quiet, low impact, full body workouts. They also feature excellent warranties.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get with the Endurance E7 and E7HRC
- Average stride –The 18.5” stride on the Body Solid E7 is longer than that on the E5 elliptical, and it lets most users take full steps without feeling restricted. Machines with shorter strides, in contrast, can be associated with a choppy stair-climbing motion instead of truly elliptical movement.
- Comfortable pedals – The pedals on both models are oversized, anti-skid, and cushioned for comfort.
- Heart rate programs – With the E7HRC, users get four cardio-specific workout programs. These programs monitor personal progress and adjust accordingly to make the most of each exercise session. The E7 and E7HRC also have five traditional pre-set programs and a manual mode.
- Space–saving – These sturdy machines have user weight capacities of 300 pounds, but their space-efficient design and rollaway wheels make them practical for home use. When set up, they measure approximately 2 feet x 5 feet.
- Excellent warranty – Body Solid’s top-notch warranty package for the Endurance line covers all parts for a lifetime of use. Labor is included for one year from the date of sale.
Elliptical Errors: Where the E7 and E7HRC Fall Short
- Programming – Programming is both a plus and a minus. The heart rate control workouts on the E7HRC are useful for some exercisers, but they aren’t necessary for most of us; all ellipticals are designed to provide efficient cardiovascular training. Additionally, the number of preset programs on the E7 – just five – is disappointing.
- Lack of extras – These machines include bottle holders but little else beyond the basics. For the same price, other brands include a wide range of features that enhance both exercise and entertainment.
Overall Rating for the Body Solid Endurance E7HRC and E7 Elliptical Trainer
This durable machine can help whip anyone into shape, but smart shoppers consider brands besides Body Solid. Other cross trainers have lower MSRPs but more programming and other enhancements. Some specific models to check out: the Sole Fitness E95 – which features an incline and MP3 dock – and the Schwinn 460 with a variable stride.