Endurance E5000 Premium Elliptical Trainer
The Body Solid E5000 is durable enough to receive a commercial rating, but it’s sized reasonably for home use. Its patented center drive design, close pedal spacing, and low step-on height help provide a comfortable workout experience. Other highlights include a long stride and a wireless heart rate monitor.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get with the Endurance E5000
- Long stride –The 21” stride lets even tall users exercise without feeling constrained.
- Lower pedal height – In addition to supporting low-impact elliptical movement, this machine has a low step-up height that’s easy on the knees. Additionally, the pedals are oversized and cushioned for comfort.
- Heart rate monitor – The wireless heart rate monitor can be used with five preset workout programs. This helps people to exercise within particular heart rate zones and get more efficient cardiovascular training.
- Space–saving stability – The E5000 takes up less space than other ellipticals do, but it’s still quite substantial. The machine maintains stability thanks to its weight, its low center of gravity, and a specially balanced frame. It has a user weight capacity of up to 325 pounds.
- Strong warranty – This elliptical is sold with home and commercial warranties. Customers using the machine at home get a lifetime warranty on the frame, five years on parts, and a year of labor. The commercial warranty covers parts for three years and includes a year of labor.
Elliptical Errors: Where the Body Solid E5000 Falls Short
- Programs – For being a “premium” elliptical, the E5000 disappoints with limited programming. Like earlier Body Solid cross trainer models, it has seven built-in programs and space for two user-designed programs. On this model, five programs can be integrated with the wireless heart rate monitor.
- Extras – For the same price, it’s possible to find a machine of comparable quality that also includes a speaker system, an incline, and other features that enhance exercise and entertainment.
Overall Rating for the Body Solid Endurance E5000
Body Solid’s E5000 is a good enough workout machine, but it falls short of its “Premium” label. For the relatively high price of the E5000 elliptical, users can get truly premium exercise experiences by using brands such as Tunturi, Kettler, and Landice. Meanwhile, Smooth Fitness, Sole, and NordicTrack offer cross trainers with attractive features for a variety of budgets.