Endurance E4 Elliptical Stepper
Body Solid’s line of elliptical trainers includes 8 models. The E4 is a cross between an elliptical trainer and a stairclimber. Its relatively low price appeals to budget-minded consumers.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get
The Body Solid Endurance E4 scores well in the following areas:
- Space–saving – The E4 is a master of space-saving. It takes up about half the space of regular ellipticals.
- Quiet operation – Despite its up-and-down stair-climbing motion, this machine is as quiet as other elliptical trainers.
- Magnetic resistance – Magnetic resistance means that there are fewer “inside parts” that could break down. Ellipticals with magnetic resistance need less maintenance than machines with mechanical resistance.
- Strong warranty – The elliptical stepper is sold with a lifetime warranty on all parts, plus one year of labor.
Elliptical Errors: What’s Missing
- A comfortable stride – Since the Endurance E4 is also a stair-stepper, it isn’t designed to use a full range of walking motion. The 14” stride could be very uncomfortable for people of average or tall height.
- High weight capacity – Since the machine has just a 250 pound capacity, it isn’t ideal for all users.
Overall Rating for the Body Solid Endurance E4
If you can get past its short stride, the Endurance E4 is a great little machine. It’s budget-priced, unobtrusive, and has a lifetime warranty. It also has nice extras such as transport wheels, a drink holder, and a pulse rate reader.