Body Flex (Body Rider) BRD1830 Fan Elliptical Trainer
The Body Flex BRD1830 is a lightweight fitness machine designed for low-impact cardiovascular training. It features movable handlebars to support cross training. This unit typically sells for less than $150 online.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Features of the BRD1830 Elliptical Trainer
- Adjustable resistance – Tension can be altered with a knob.
- Upper arm movement – The handlebars move to help people burn more calories and get a full-body workout.
- Electronic feedback – Exercisers get feedback about speed, time, distance, and calories burned.
- Compact size – This machine takes up very little space for an elliptical trainer. Excluding the handlebars, its dimensions are 39”L x 25”W x 9”H.
Elliptical Misses: Why the Price is So Low
- Very short stride – The BRD1830 stands out for its poor ergonomics. Better budget ellipticals are available with 18”, 20”, and even 21” strides that let people use a full range of motion.
- Light challenge – This lightweight machine offers little resistance. It can quickly be mastered by a dedicated exerciser.
- No built-in programs – This machine only operates in manual mode. Most home trainers have at least several workout modes to support a varied exercise regime.
- Cheap construction – BR2500 owners complain of wobbly, creaky machines and easily cracked pedals.
- No warranty – Virtually every other elliptical machine on the market is sold with a warranty that provides years of consumer protection. This machine can only be returned within 30 days if it’s defective.
Overall Rating for the Body Rider BR2500
The BR2500 is made of lower quality parts and isn’t sold with a standard service agreement. Additionally, it isn’t so great for the body: the short stride doesn’t provide the elliptical motion that most customers are seeking. Treat your body right and try a better low-cost brand such as Horizon or ProForm.