Body Flex (Body Champ) BRM2600 Magnetic Cardio Dual Trainer
The Body Flex Magnetic Cardio Dual Trainer is both a stationary bicycle and an elliptical trainer. Other brands refer to this type of machine as a recumbent or seated elliptical.
The Magnetic Cardio is an upgrade to Body Flex’s Deluxe model. Its primary enhancements include better stability, additional programming, and a music port.
Elliptical Hits: Likable Qualities of the Dual Body Trainer
- Versatility – The two-in-one exercise machine may be ideal for smaller home gyms. It’s about 50” long and 29” wide.
- Preset programs – The Body Flex Deluxe Dual Trainer includes 21 program options. Like the Deluxe Dual Trainer, it has 12 levels of resistance.
- Adjustable seat – The seat can be adjusted in two directions for a customized fit.
- MP4 player – This convenient iPod-compatible feature provides extra incentive to exercise.
- Heart rate monitor – Body Flex machines have grip heart rate monitors that interact with heart rate workouts.
Elliptical Misses: Why the Dual Trainer Needs Improvement
- Handlebars – The handlebars frequently need tightening and aren’t optimally placed for smaller exercisers.
- Unstable – Customers report that this machine wobbles, though it’s sturdier than its predecessor. It’s marked with a 250-pound user weight capacity but may still rock from side to side when used in elliptical mode.
- Short warranty – Extended Body Flex service contracts are available in all US states except Maine.
Overall Rating for Body Flex’s Dual Body Trainer
This inexpensive machine is made of lower quality parts and tends to wobble. Nonetheless, its customers tend to be content with what they receive for under $600.
Similar products (recumbent ellipticals) that may have better quality are made by Octane and ST Fitness.