Body Flex BG2000 Ski Skate Machine
The BG2000 Ski Skate Machine is a top option from Body Flex, a brand specializing in budget fitness equipment. It simulates the stride used in skiing and speed skating, but it’s easier on the body than these outdoor sports.
The Ski Skate Machine is priced under $1000. To keep costs low, Body Flex, Inc. offers few bells & whistles and has its products manufactured in China.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Qualities of the BG2000 Ski Skate Machine
- Versatility – The Ski Skate machine can be set to several positions such as: speed skating mode, which targets quads, glutes, and hamstrings; the close foot position, which targets the inner thighs; and the wide foot position, which focuses on the outer thighs.
- Low impact workout – A patented lateral stride is designed to put minimal stress on joints and ligaments.
- Heart rate monitor – A grip heart rate monitor is included.
- Sturdy – The 163-pound frame remains stable for most users.
Elliptical Misses: What’s Not to Like
- Lack of programming – People can select from different strides and resistance levels, but workout programs aren’t built into the machine. Some people won’t mind though; data readouts may be enough. These include time, distance, calories, and heart rate.
- Short warranty – The frame is protected for one year. Other parts are protected for just 90 days. Extended Body Flex service contracts are available in all US states except Maine.
Overall Rating for the Body Flex BG2000 Ski Skate Machine
The Body Flex Ski Skate Machine provides a number of ways to tone the legs while getting a low-impact cardiovascular workout. With a substantial online discount and an extended
service plan, it could be a good buy for avid skiers and skaters.
Customers might generally be better off with a brand that offers longer warranties. For instance, NordicTrack offers the FreeStrider 35 S. It features a flexible 35” stride and has a longer parts warranty.