BladeZ X5 Elliptical Trainer
The X5 elliptical is among BladeZ Fitness’s more advanced cross trainers. It features a 20” stride, adjustable pedals, wireless heart rate monitoring, and 12 built-in exercise programs. The BladeZ X5 has an MSRP of $1495 but online vendors offer this model for $1200-$1300.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Features of the BladeZ X5 Elliptical
- Long stride – The 20” stride is long enough for most adults to take full elliptical strides. At the same time, the unit doesn’t take up excessive space. Its dimensions are 29.5” W x 63” L x 67” H.
- Adjustable pedals – The width of the pedals can be adjusted for a custom fit. This helps promote comfort and endurance.
- Heavy flywheel – The X5 has a heavy flywheel to provide smooth resistance.
- Upper body workout – The movable handlebars help increase calorie expenditure and tone the upper body. The handlebars are padded for extra comfort and their ergonomic design is intended to fit users of different heights.
- Preset programs – Eleven preset programs plus manual mode provide enough variety for most users. The X5 has 16 resistance levels.
- Heart rate monitors – Contact and wireless heart rate sensors help people exercise within a target heart range to make the most of workout time.
- Data screens – A blue backlit screen displays exercise data.
- Accessory rack – This elliptical includes a magazine rack/iPod holder.
- Oversized pedals – The X5 has oversized pedals with cushioned inserts and rubber traction.
- High capacity – The X5 has a user weight capacity of 325 pounds. It weighs 155 pounds.
- Good warranty – The BladeZ X5 warranty includes a lifetime warranty on the frame, five years on parts, and a year of labor.
Overall Rating for the BladeZ X5 Home Trainer
The BladeZ X5 is an affordable, durable cross trainer with varied programming
and a few extras: wireless heart rate monitoring and adjustable pedal width. It has a high user weight capacity and can be expected to provide years of trouble-free workout sessions with regular use.