BH Fitness XS3
The XS3 is a step above the introductory model in BH Fitness’s Signature group of elliptical trainers. Highlights of this front drive machine are a natural 20” stride and safety features including a low step-up height and anti-slip pedals.
Elliptical Hits: What’s Right about the BH Fitness XS3 Elliptical Trainer
- Sturdy build – The XS3 weighs 225 pounds, has a 325-pound user capacity, and is sold with a confident lifetime frame guarantee. In addition to its heft, the machine has dual glide rails for extra stability.
- Long strides – To support a full range of motion, the XS3 has a 20” stride.
- Comfortable pedals –The XS3’s pedals are extra-large and have skid protection. They’re also well-cushioned for comfort.
- Upper–body workout – Movable handlebars with an ergonomic arc let users get a full body workout.
- Extras – Special features include a reading rack, a bottle holder, contact heart rate sensors, and an optional wireless heart rate monitor. The heart rate detectors can be used in conjunction with the console’s built-in heart rate workout program.
- Good warranties – This BH cross trainer is sold with lifetime warranties on the frame and generator, a five year warranty on parts, and a year of labor.
Elliptical Misses: Where BH Doesn’t Shine
- Average programming – With just 12 basic programs and 16 resistance levels on the XS3, this machine’s workout options are unimpressive. Brands other than BH — particularly NordicTrack and others owned by ICON fitness — provide significantly more exciting workouts with virtual physical trainers, downloadable workouts, and Google Maps interactivity.
Overall Rating for the BH Fitness XS3 Elliptical Machine
The XS3 is a well-built and reliable machine, but people seeking serious workouts won’t be satisfied with a BH Fitness elliptical. For instance, other ellipticals in this price range have adjustable inclines, which are great for burning calories even more efficiently and targeting different muscle groups in the legs. It’s also common nowadays to have music ports and more program variety on elliptical trainers. Check out brands such as Kettler, Tunturi, and NordicTrack for comparison.