BH Fitness HiPower SK9100
The HiPower SK9100 is BH Fitness’s saving grace. While most BH ellipticals are low on workout programming, the HiPower features a fitness test, a heart rate control program, and 38 additional programs. It’s also high-capacity, promising stability for users up to 420 pounds.
Elliptical Hits: What’s Right about the HiPower SK9100
- Self-generating power – This “green” machine can be used anywhere regardless of electrical power sources. Its Genesia III System harnesses energy from workouts to power the console.
- Sturdy build – This 192-pound machine boasts a steel frame with a 420-pound capacity.
- Articulating pedals –The HiPower’s pedals have three settings, all of which articulate or rotate. This supports natural ankle movement and promotes a healthier and more comfortable workout. Additionally, the pedals are oversized and coated with non-slip rubber.
- Heart rate monitor – Polar grip and Polar telemetric heart rate monitoring systems are available. The telemetric system requires the separate purchase of a chest strap.
- Acceptable warranty – The SK9100 is sold with a lifetime warranty on the frame, three years on parts, and a year of labor.
Elliptical Misses: Where the HiPower is Low
- Shorter stride – The 18” stride is fine for most users, but for the cost of the SK9100, customers should get more variety with an adjustable stride. This would not only make the machine usable by people of significantly different heights, but would let an individual user take different stride lengths to target the calves, quads, or glutes.
- High price – The high MSRP on this elliptical is surprising given its lack of standout features.
Overall Rating for the BH Fitness HiPower Cross Trainer
With the SK9100, BH has effectively responded to criticism of its too-basic programming. This machine has an attractive variety of programs and luxurious ergonomics — but that doesn’t justify its high MSRP. If you’re willing to pay for an upper-end trainer, skip the BH Fitness HiPower and treat yourself to a Kettler, Landice, Tunturi, or other feature-rich machine.