BH Fitness XS1
The XS1 is an introductory model in BH Fitness’s Signature Series. It’s more advanced than the X1 elliptical and features a natural 20” stride, sturdy aluminum glide rails, and a 5-year warranty.
Elliptical Hits: What’s Right about the BH Fitness XS1 Elliptical Trainer
- Sturdy build – The well-built XS1 weighs 225 pounds, has a 325-pound user capacity, and is sold with a lifetime guarantee.
- Long strides – To support a full range of motion, the XS1 has a 20” stride.
- Adjustable pedal width – For optimal hip comfort, BH Fitness lets users adjust the space between elliptical pedals. This permits a customized natural stride. On the XS1, the pedals are also extra-large, anti-skid, and cushioned for comfort.
- Upper–body workout – Handlebars with an ergonomic arc let users get a full body workout, exercising their upper and lower bodies at once.
- Extras – Convenient extras include a reading rack, a bottle holder, contact heart rate sensors, and an optional wireless heart rate monitor.
- Good warranties – BH Fitness’s XS1 cross trainers are sold with lifetime warranties on the frame and generator, five years on parts, and a year of labor.
Elliptical Misses: Where BH Doesn’t Shine
- Average programming – With just 12 programs and 16 resistance levels, BH Fitness doesn’t stand out for its workout options. Their machines have standard manual, heart rate, and weight loss programs.
Overall Rating for the BH Fitness XS1 Elliptical
The XS1 can be a satisfactory workout machine for beginners and mid-level exercisers, and the more advanced models such as the XS8 offer more features. However, the BH Fitness brand tends to be relatively low on programming and doesn’t offer audio and visual entertainment like some other elliptical brands do. If these factors aren’t a concern, then the BH Fitness XS1 elliptical might be a good buy. For ellipticals with plenty of program options, check out brands like Landice, Sole, and NordicTrack.