BH Fitness X8
The BH Fitness X8 elliptical is among the more advanced cross trainers in the brand’s Select series. Like other BH Fitness elliptical trainers, it’s a relatively basic machine – but unlike earlier models, it doesn’t suffer complaints about poor ergonomics. The X8 features a 21” stride and has a more generous warranty than its predecessors, suggesting higher quality.
Elliptical Hits: What’s Right about the BH Fitness X8 Elliptical Trainer
- Self-generating power supply — Since the machine is power by the user’s energy, no external power source is needed. This helps save on electricity costs and lets people more conveniently use the machine anywhere at home or in the office.
- Sturdy build – The X8 significantly exceeds the capacities of the X1, X3, and X4 by supporting users weighing up to 375 pounds. The unit itself weighs 235 pounds.
- Long stride – To support a full range of motion in taller users, the X8 has a 21” stride.
- Adjustable pedal width – This technology helps promote a healthier workout by letting users customize the pedals’ dimensions.
- Extras – Nice features include a reading rack and a wireless heart rate monitoring system with Polar chest strap in addition to contact heart rate sensors.
- Upper–body workout – Movable handlebars help users get a full body workout and burn up to twice the calories of exercising the lower body alone.
- Good warranty – The X8 and X9 beat out other Select cross trainers with a two year labor warranty. They’re also sold with lifetime warranties on the frame and a five-year warranty on parts.
Elliptical Misses: Where the BH Fitness X8 Falls Short
- Few options – With just 6 programs and a fixed stride, this machine doesn’t offer many workout possibilities.
Overall Rating for the BH Fitness X8 Elliptical
While the X8 offers much better ergonomics than the poorly received X4 and X5, it’s curiously loaded with even fewer programs – just six! The X9 is a step up since it includes 12 programs, a touch screen, and an iPod port – but for the cost of an upper-end BH elliptical, a better deal might be had with brands such as Precor, Smooth, and NordicTrack.