BH Fitness X1
The X1 is an introductory model in BH Fitness’s Select Series. Compared with the X3 and later models, this relatively basic machine has a shorter stride (18”) and a lower user weight capacity (300 pounds). It scores low not for lack of quality but for lack of pizzazz.
Elliptical Hits: What’s Right about the BH Fitness X1 Elliptical Trainer
- Sturdy build – The well-built X1 has a 300-pound user capacity, and its frame is sold with a lifetime guarantee.
- Good ergonomics – The pedals are spaced closely together to promote healthy hip movement during exercise. The handlebars are also designed to promote comfortable motion.
- Upper–body workout – Handlebars with an ergonomic arc let users get a full body workout, exercising their upper and lower bodies at once.
- Extras – Extras include a reading rack and contact heart rate sensors.
- Good warranty – BH Fitness’s X1 cross trainers are sold with lifetime warranties on the frame, five years on parts, and a year of labor.
Elliptical Misses: Where BH Doesn’t Shine
- Average programming – With just 12 programs and 16 resistance levels, BH Fitness doesn’t stand out for its workout options.
Overall Rating for the BH Fitness X1 Elliptical
The X1 can be a satisfactory workout machine for beginners. It has a good ergonomic feel and is durable. Still, BH Fitness’s entire Select series of ellipticals isn’t very impressive. If you haven’t used a more complex elliptical trainer, then you might not mind what you’re missing – but some people will miss the incline training, virtual personal training, audiovisual entertainment, and other advanced features offered by brands such as NordicTrack, Sole, and Smooth.