Best Fitness Cross Trainer Elliptical
The Best Fitness Cross Trainer Elliptical is offered by Body Solid, an American company that’s received numerous “Best Buy” awards from consumer advocates. However, with its online price range of about $430-$450, this machine costs much less than Best Fitness’s Center Drive Elliptical – and the difference shows. The compact Cross Trainer Elliptical is best for lightweight individuals seeking an entry-level elliptical workout.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Features of the Body Solid Best Fitness Elliptical Cross Trainer
- Upper body exercise – This machine’s movable handlebars help provide a full-body elliptical workout. Many other budget ellipticals have stationary handlebars.
- Compact size – This compact cross trainer takes up little space. Its dimensions are 45″L x 26″W x 66″H.
- Exercise data – Users get feedback about time, distance, speed, calories burned, and heart rate.
- Heart rate monitor – Contact grips provide convenient heart rate monitoring to help people make the most of their cardiovascular workouts.
Elliptical Misses: Why to Pass on the Best Fitness Elliptical Cross Trainer
- Short stride – This machine has a very short stride, which makes it impossible for taller people to actually make elliptical movements. This brand’s Center Drive elliptical, on the other hand, has a generous 21” stride.
- No built-in programs – The Elliptical Cross Trainer only operates in manual mode. Most home trainers have at least 8 workout modes to support a varied exercise regime.
- Few resistance levels – This machine has 8 levels of resistance, which is typical for a budget elliptical. Machines that cost just a few hundred dollars more tend to have 20 resistance levels.
- Low capacity – This Body Solid/Best Fitness unit weighs just 106 pounds. It isn’t likely to remain stable for people who weigh much more than 100 pounds.
- Poor labor warranty – The Cross Trainer Elliptical is sold with the following coverage: 5 years frame, 1 year electronics, 1 year parts, 3 months wear parts, and 90 days of labor. The overall warranty isn’t bad considering the elliptical’s low price, but the short labor section is a cause for concern. Customers must pay shipping expenses to have the unit repaired.
Overall Rating for the Best Fitness Cross Trainer Elliptical
The Body Solid Best Fitness Cross Trainer Elliptical probably isn’t the best home workout option, even for new exercisers on a budget. Its short labor warranty and lack of features make it an unattractive gamble. A better option from this brand is the BFE1 or Best Fitness Cross Trainer Elliptical, which falls into the $1000-$1500 price range. Additionally, Body Solid offers the budget-priced Endurance E5 Electronic Elliptical. It also has a relatively short stride, but it has a greater weight capacity and better workout variety than the Best Fitness Cross Trainer Elliptical.