AFG 18.0 AXT Ascent Trainer
The 18.0 AXT ascent trainer is the top elliptical from Advanced Fitness Group (AFG). It has fewer programs than the 14.0, but it other ways it’s an upgrade. This dynamic machine has an even longer adjustable stride, an incline, an audio entertainment system, and a wireless heart rate monitor. The weight capacity is 325 pounds.
Elliptical Hits: What’s Right about AFG’s 18.0 AXT
- Long adjustable stride – The 19”-21” stride lets even tall exercisers use their full range of motion.
- Incline – The motorized incline helps people burn calories extra quickly while toning different muscle groups. When combined with the moving handlebars, this offers an excellent full-body cardiovascular workout.
- Wireless monitor – A chest strap is included for convenient wireless heart rate monitoring.
- Sound system – The 18.0 is compatible with iPods and other MP3 players.
- Lower pedal height – Compared with other elliptical trainers, AFG machines let users exercise closer to the ground.
- Pivoting footpads – Unlike fixed pedals, pivoting or articulating footpads let exercisers use a natural range of motion.
- Good warranty – AFG ellipticals are sold with lifetime warranties on the frames and brakes. The 18.0 AXT also includes a three-year warranty on most parts, two years on the incline motor, and a year of labor. This seems fair considering the unit’s reasonable MSRP.
Elliptical Misses of the 18.0 AXT
It’s odd that Advanced Fitness Group cut programming from 20 to 10 options when designing the 18.0.
Overall Rating for the BH Fitness HiPower Cross Trainer
Advanced Fitness Group has done well with the 18.0 AXT. This elliptical machine is reasonably priced considering its ergonomics and entertainment features, and it’s a great buy when discounted. More programming may be available from comparably priced brands such as Smooth and Sole, but this cross trainer is a good contender – especially if built-in audio helps to keep you motivated.