AFG 14.0 AE Dual Action Elliptical
The 14.0 is Advanced Fitness Group’s top-of-the-line elliptical trainer. This dependable machine includes 20 resistance levels, 10 programmable workouts, and a 325-pound user capacity. Unlike the AFG 4.0 elliptical, the 14.0 does not have an incline option.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get
The AFG 14.0 elliptical scores well on the basics listed below. In most cases, these are identical to the AFG 4.0.
- Heavy flywheel – A 23-pound flywheel with magnetic resistance helps ensure smooth motion.
- Resistance –With 20 resistance levels, the 14.0 can challenge a wide range of users.
- Long stride –The stride length, which is adjustable up to 20”, lets exercisers use their full range of motion.
- LED display – AFG’s 14.0 elliptical has five windows with red LED displays. These show data such as time, incline, and calories burned.
- Lower pedal height – Compared with other elliptical trainers, AFG’s machines let users exercise closer to the ground.
- Pivoting footpads – Pivoting, non-slip footpads on the AFG elliptical 14.0 let exercisers use a natural range of motion.
- Upper body exercise – The machine’s handlebars give users the option of exercising their arms and legs simultaneously.
- Warranty – The AFG elliptical 14.0 is sold with lifetime warranties on the frames and brakes, 3-5 years on other parts, and one year of labor. The parts warranty is automatically expanded to 5 years when the customer registers the equipment with Advanced Fitness Group.
- User capacity – The 325-pound capacity can accommodate most users.
Elliptical Errors: What’s Missing
- Few bells and whistles — Unlike NordicTrack, Icon, and some other elliptical brands, the AFG 14.0 doesn’t offer fancy extras such as an iPod dock, sound system, and iFit Live. It’s also a step down from the AFG 4.0, in a sense; it lacks an adjustable incline.
Overall Rating for the AFG Elliptical 14.0
The AFG elliptical 14.0 seems to be a high-quality elliptical. For many users, however, the AFG 4.0 would provide more value. The 4.0 has a slightly lower weight capacity than this model, but it includes a power incline.
Is the AFG brand right for you? It depends on your exercise style. AFG focuses on exercise basics, not entertainment. Some buyers would more likely stick to an exercise routine if they had MP3 players or virtual training programs built into their ellipticals. Extras like these are offered by NordicTrack, Icon, Smooth, and other brands. As for other users, all they want from an exercise machine is healthy exercise – and that’s what AFG delivers.Click Here for Lowest Price