The S70 Suspension Elliptical is one of two very durable commercial elliptical trainers from Vision Fitness. An important difference between Vision’s two commercial trainers is the stride length. While this model has an adjustable 21”-23” stride that’s best for taller users, Vision’s other option – the X70 – has a shorter and fixed stride.
The S70 is appealing for its long stride, adjustable incline, and varied programming. This unit has an MSRP of $4999 but has been found online for $4199.
Elliptical Hits: Great Features of the S70 Suspension Elliptical Trainer
- Ergonomic stride – The Vision Fitness S70 features a patented PerfectStride™ motion that incorporates narrow pedal spacing, optimized foot positioning, and 21”-23” stride length adjustments.
- Incline – The ramp inclines 15%-37% for serious incline training. Incline training speeds up the metabolism and lets people emphasize different muscle groups during training.
- Comfortable pedals – Pedals on Vision cross trainers are cushioned and rotate with natural body movement to promote comfort.
- Durable frame – The S70 Suspension’s 352-pound frame is made of heavy gauge welded steel. It has a 400-pound user weight capacity.
- Heart rate monitors – Wireless and grip heart rate monitors are included and can be used to automatically adjust the intensity of workouts.
- Programming – Users get the following workout modes, four of which are designed for interactive use with a heart rate monitor: SPRINT 8, Manual, Interval, Fat Burn, Random, Target HRT, HRT Weight Loss, HRT Interval, HRT Hill, Trail 2K, Trail 5K, Trail 8K, Glute Burn, Summit Hike, Mountain Trek, Stair Climb, and Fitness Test. Additionally, there is space to save five user-designed programs. There are 20 program levels.
- Great warranty – As a commercial elliptical trainer, this unit is designed to be used for up to six hours per day. Customers are entitled to lifetime protection on the frame, five years on all parts and electronics, and two years of labor.
Overall Rating for Vision S70 Suspension Elliptical Trainers
The Vision S70 Suspension is a smooth-running cross trainer with an exceptional warranty. It offers a wide range of resistance options, varied programming, and an incline to challenge people at a variety of fitness levels. With its long stride, the S70 might feel too big for smaller adults — but overall, the S70 Suspension is a highly recommended cross trainer.