True Fitness manufactures three high-quality commercial trainers: the CS800, the LC900, and the PS100. The CS800 is the company’s most impressive option thanks to its core drive design, iPod compatibility, and extensive programming options. The machine is available with Basic and Advanced consoles. The Basic console has iPod compatibility, but the Advanced console is especially impressive: it features iPod compatibility, a 15” touch screen TV, a peaceful simulated landscape mode, and 22 preset programs.
The MSRPs for the Basic and Advanced CS800 ellipticals are $6199 and $7599 – rather high, but most vendors are open to negotiation.
Elliptical Hits: Great Features of True CS800 Elliptical Trainers
- Center drive – Most elliptical machines have rear drives or front drives, which can make it difficult for exercisers to stay upright. True’s core drive system helps people easily remain upright while making long elliptical strides. This design also means that the machine takes up less space, so more units can be fit into a workout room.
- Long strides – A 21” stride lets most adults use their natural range of motion.
- Comfortable pedals – The pedals have orthopedic cushioning to promote comfort and endurance, and they’re narrowly spaced to promote healthy hip movement.
- Ergonomic handlebars – True’s handlebars are made with biomechanics in mind, so they’re well-cushioned and are suitable for a wide range of body sizes. Also, with frequent use in mind, the handlebars have been treated with an anti-sweat material to avoid staining.
- Sturdy frame – The durable CS800 elliptical has a frame made of robotically welded steel. The full elliptical weighs about 370 pounds and can support a 450-pound user.
- Great workout options – Both the Basic and Advanced versions of the CS800 elliptical have MIX3 programs. These guide people through exercising different parts of the body for highly efficient cross training. Additionally, the unit with a Basic console (CS800-E2W) has seven preset workouts and basic iPod compatibility (music only). The Advanced console version (CS800-E15T) has 22 preset workouts, advanced iPod compatibility, a 15” LCD with touch screen technology and built-in TV, advanced landscape graphics, and additional features.
- Heart rate control – A wireless heart rate monitor makes it easy to maximize each workout: the CS800’s True HRC Cruise Control™ workout automatically adjusts program intensity to help keep the user within a specified heart range.
- OK warranty – The durable CS800 includes lifetime protection on the frame, three years on parts, and three years of labor.
Overall Rating for True Elliptical Trainers
With the CS800, True offers a machine that will keep people returning to the gym. This unit offers truly outstanding workouts thanks to MIX3 personal training and a variety of preset workouts – and time flies by with the distraction of music, video, or serene landscapes. From the core drive design to top-notch programming and a protective sweat-resistant finish, the True Fitness CS800 is a highly recommended workout machine.