The ProForm 850 SpaceSaver is a folding elliptical. It includes 8 programs and two interactive video games – not bad for a compact trainer. However, its design makes the machine wobbly for heavier users.
If you have a large build, opt for a full-size ProForm instead — or look into Lifecore’s series of stable yet compact ellipticals.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get with the 850 SpaceSaver
- Space saving design – This elliptical can be folded vertically for easy storage.
- Workout variety – The 850 SpaceSaver includes two interactive video games – Calorie Destroyer and Fat Blocker – that get easier to play when people work out with more effort. It’s also sold with 8 standard workouts. That’s not many programs for an elliptical trainer in general, but it’s a good amount for a folding unit.
- Workout fan – A convenient console fan helps exercisers keep cool.
- 16” stride – This stride is too short for most adults to make long elliptical movements.
- Warranty – This machine has a poor warranty: just 90 days on parts and labor plus seven years on the frame.
- Resistance – The 480LE only offers ten resistance levels. Sixteen or twenty levels is the norm.
- Lack of extras – Users sacrifice a wide variety of features for this machine’s foldable design: a heart rate monitor, an incline, a drink holder, advanced programming, and more.
Overall Rating for the ProForm 850 SpaceSaver Elliptical
Unless you need an elliptical for your houseboat, the 850 SpaceSaver isn’t a recommended buy. This machine is designed for light use by small, lightweight people. It has a poor warranty and few features that would enhance ergonomics or entertainment.