The A.C.T. Pro Elliptical is the more advanced model in the NordicTrack Commercial Series. Some attractive features of this machine are its compactness, its adjustable stride, and its iFit Interactive technology. It also stands out for its center drive design, which supports a more upright user position and lets people expend more energy during their workouts.
An important difference between the A.C.T. Pro and the A.C.T. Commercial is the user weight capacity; the A.C.T. Pro has a higher rating of 350 pounds.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Features of the NordicTrack A.C.T. Pro Elliptical
- Compact size – At just 51” long, the Pro Elliptical is about 2/3 the size of a typical home elliptical.
- Adjustable stride – The A.C.T. Pro Elliptical adjusts between 18” and 22” strides. These provide healthy ranges of motion for most adults, and the variety lets people concentrate on various lower-body muscle groups. It’s a bit different from the A.C.T. Commercial unit, which also has adjustable stride but only offers three settings.
- Programs – These cross trainers include 10 preset weight loss workouts and 10 preset performance workouts. Customers can also use 8-week iFit personal training packages, which are sold separately.
- Heart rate monitor – Grip heart rate monitors are built into the handlebars.
- Upper body workout – These machines have movable arm bars to provide upper-body exercise.
- Audio – An iPod-compatible port and premium speakers are built into the console, letting people listen to their virtual physical trainers, music files, Podcasts, and other audio.
Elliptical Misses: Where NordicTrack Went Wrong
- Warranty – Customers get just a one-year warranty on parts and labor. There’s a lifetime warranty on the frame.
Overall Rating for the NordicTrack A.C.T. Pro Elliptical
The A.C.T. Pro Elliptical packs a lot of value into a compact machine. With over-sized pedals, adjustable stride, and a center drive design, it scores well on ergonomics – and the combination of traditional preset programs, iFit technology, and audio help make exercise interesting. Compared to the A.C.T. Commercial Elliptical, which usually costs less, the NordicTrack A.C.T. Pro Elliptical offers greater stability for heavy users.